Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Thursday, December 11, 2008

John Lennon: Give Peace A Chance

I am just having too much fun tonight! God bless you John, I know you probably didn't believe in the big guy, but at least the Church forgave you for saying you were bigger than Jesus!:-) I also realize why I have been in a Beatle funk this month. John died 28 years ago this month! I hate to say this, but it seems like yesterday. I remember where I was when it happened I was sleeping in bed and a friend called me up to tell me the news. It was devastating. I was numb for months. At that time I was a huge Beatle freak. I lived, and breathed the Beatles, and John was my favortie. I liked John because he was working class like me, and I thought that if a guy like him could make it, so could I. However, being a working class hero proved to be pretty elusive in the long run. Yet, I like to think that I do my small part to make the world a better place.

No comments: