Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Bob Dorr And The Blue Band Update


It's 4 o'clock in the morning on Thanksgiving Day. My HyVee deli turkey dinner (no styrofoam anymore! Recyclable plastic dishes!) is ready to be nuked and I've got a piece of punkin' pie to take the place of CAKE! Life is good. I'm thankful for my health (most of the tests from my physical examination had normal readings, those that were not normal can be adjusted mostly thru diet) (I TOLD you that if I went to the doctor, he'd just tell me to cut out CAKE) (he did not, however, say anything about Punkin' Pie) I am thankful that I get to work with some of our state's finest musicians and public broadcasters. I am thankful that you still come out and dance and have fun with The Blue Band (the crowd is STILL 50% of the show) I am thankful for your encouragement. I am thankful for the opportunities that still seem to be offered The Blue Band. AND...I am thankful that Sarah Palin is not going to be Vice President of the United States (that's a joke, lighten up) THANK YOU for being my friend/bandmate/public broadcasting co-hort...

I've had a few people say "see ya Saturday at Blues On Grand" NO, it's FRIDAY Night (11/28) at Blues On Grand, 15th & Grand Ave., Des Moines- 9:30p-1:30a. Remember, BOG is a "No Mustang Sally Zone" so you'll have to argue with the management on that one. We played it the last time we were there and it's taken TWO YEARS to get invited back!...

Next Thursday, Dec. 4, I'll be co-hosting PBS' debut HD showing of Roy Orbison's classic 1987 Public TV show "A Black And White Night" It airs statewide on Iowa Public Television at 10pm. I'm worried that HD TV is REALLY gonna show the lines and wrinkles on my face, the sunken/dark eyes, and the pounds that I've added since my new found fondness for punkin' pie. Fortunately, IPTV has brilliant technicians and make up artists and I'll probably be wearing the "official" Roy Orbison sunglasses, so it won't be as bad as it could be!...

Next Friday, 12/5 is the next Friday Afternoon Club show at The Hub, 4th & Main, here in Sparkle City, 6-9pm, OP Pizza available by the slice, let's make it the Cedar Falls Blue Christmas Party too! Ho Ho Ho Ho. Next Saturday, we play for the HyVee corporate Xmas party. I bet the food's good at THAT party! They'll probably have punkin' pie...

A date that I wanted to draw your attention to is Friday Dec. 26 at The Mill in Iowa City! I know it's the day after Christmas, but won't ya want to get away from the Family by then?! Or bring the family with you!! The food's always great at The Mill and it's an early showtime (8pm) (don't ya love those Geezer Gig hours?!) We really need a home in Iowa City, please help us fill the place...

Thank you for reading these silly notes. I put WAY too much time into them, I appreciate your toleration! See ya on the Holiday Blue Highway, rub yer zydeco tie to the tune of Santa Brought The House Down On Christmas Eve, punkin' pie makes a good CAKE substitute (as a matter of fact, I think I'll go have tomorrow afternoon's dessert RIGHT NOW) Watch out for Turkey's on the road, and always remember we love you. Bob Dorr & The Blue Band.

No comments: