Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sean Costello Tributes

I am going to post any additional tributes to Sean Costello that I see here. Unfortunately at press time a good 24 hours after I first received an email from Bob Corritore, only 4 news articles have popped up on Google. I think this sad because Sean Costello was significant in the world of blues. He certainly was young by blues standards. When you look at what age a bluesman really becomes of age I think of someone in their 40s or 50s. However, Sean, as I said in my review of his last CD, he was a young man with an old mans soul. It is truly a lost when you think about the decades of blues that Sean would have created. This is a staggering lost.

From radio host JC Hammer
respect, love and sympathy for Sean Costello's family and friends. I hung out with him a couple years back at Bayfront at Norms. Not only was he a monster player; he was a really nice guy. All passings seem untimely to the living, but when it's someone as young as Sean it really sucks. That big supergroup in the sky just gained an awesome spirit. RIP Sean.


From Randy Beckman

Sick about the news.
He was our headliner for The Sedalia Blues Festival, Big Island, Virginia, several years ago. He was definitely a rising star.

May you rest in peace, Sean.

Randee Beckman
Chairman
The Sedalia Blues Festival
www.sedaliacenter.org





No comments: