Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Monday, March 31, 2008

Photo Of The Week: Jimmy Pryor's Last Public Performance

The Photo Of The Week is one I took of Jimmy Pryor during his last public performance. Jimmy had been ill for quite some time, but he came out to perform one last time during a concert to celebrate Jimmy's life story that was published in Living Blues. I was suppose to write a biography about Jimmy, but I unfortunately failed to deliver. However, I did have enough material to write an article about my friend and bandmate. The band Blues Instigators played that day, and they graciously allowed Jimmy to perform with them. I tried to film a song but unfortunately the sound was so bad that I didn't save the clip. Yet, I did get some great pics of that day. I still miss Jimmy. He was a great person, and being around him always lifted my spirits. He was everyone's friend, and he was without a doubt the King of Des Moines Blues.

No comments: