Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Blue Band Update


I'm in a panic! I promised myself that I'd lose 15 pounds before I started co-hosting some of the music shows that IPTV is showing for this year's Festival fundraiser. Not only have I not lost any of the 15 pounds, but after all the CAKE recently, I've ADDED 2 pounds! And now the first TV appearance is about 14 hours away. YIKES! I'm starting to look like Fat Elvis...

Tonight! (3/6) I get to co-host most of the night on IPTV, starting at a little past 6pm. We'll have BOTH kinds of music: Country AND Western! The shows for the evening include The Best of Old Time Country, Johnny Cash a Man and his Vision, and an in concert setting with Martina McBride. For your local station or more info, try www.iptv.org...

Friday (3/7) is the monthly, First Friday TGIF party at The Hub, 4th & Main, here in Sparkle City, 5:30-9pm. The Hub kitchen is not open yet, so BRING CAKE!...

Sat. night (3/8) is another LIVE Backtracks rock'n'roll history show on Iowa Public Radio-KUNI, 7-10p, requests/suggestions/salutations: 1-800-772-2440, ext. 5. more info or listen on line at www.kuniradio.org...

I get TWO nights of co-hosting next week. Wed. Mar. 12, 10pm is the Elvis 25th Anniversary concert. If you missed this last year, it's really a great show and a great demonstration of modern technology. Make a pledge so I can thank you, thankyouverymuch! and Thursday Mar. 13 starting at 6:30 is a look at Vintage Classics from the Grand Ole Opry (I'm bettin' Minnie Pearl will say HOWWWDEE! sometime on that show!) and then it looks like I'll be the only host for a show called Country Pop Legends. I love to watch the old takes of legendary music makers. Join us on statewide Iowa Public Television!...

I can't believe we're only 10 days away from the FIRST OUTDOOR GIG OF THE YEAR! (Sat. Mar. 15) The Twisted Parrot's St. Patrick's Celebration-OUTSIDE!! (in a heated tent), 7:00-11:00 p.m., 6500 Hickman Rd., Windsor Heights, IA (suburban Des Moines) www.thetwistedparrot.com I can't wait to see all the girls in their little green bikinis!...

And speaking of Public Broadcasting, Iowa Public Radio has invited The Blue Band to the Frequency Launch party in Ottumwa on Friday Mar. 21 at the new Bridge View event center in Ottumwa. Two new frequencies will hit the airwaves from a new tower in Ottumwa, making reception in nearby towns like Fairfield and Oskaloosa MUCH better. Family friendly events start at The Bridge View at 5:30p. The Blue Band plays 7-9p. More info: www.iowapublicradio.org...

I can't write anymore. I've got to get in my sweat suit and shed these extra pounds. Let's see, that's about a pound an hour...

See ya on the Blue Highway (and the Iowa Public TV airwaves) Make a pledge (800-779-7000) (cake is made of DOUGH) and remember we love you... Bob Dorr & The Blue Band

No comments: