Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Larry Garner Hospitalized


Larry Garner, one of those great Louisianna bluesmen was suffering some chest discomfort, and went to the hospital where it was discovered that he had a blockage in some of his veins. He DID NOT suffer a heart attack, and they performed a bypass. Serena of CIBS, forwarded this email from the Baton Rouge Blues Society on the latest condition of Larry:

Hello BRBS members
I went to OLOL Hospital and sat with Sandra Garner while Larry was in
Surgery yesterday afternoon. He came through triple bypass fine.I had
lunch with Sandra and a very nice visit. I asked her what thier needs
would be while Larry is out of work. She told me he had to cancel some
shows and anything would be appreciated. His doctor says no work for 6
weeks---but Sandra says--FAT CHANCE---YOU KNOW LARRY!!!!! All joking
aside--if you want to message him on My Space he'll love it.
http://www.myspace.com/larrygarnerbluesband BRBS will be making a
donation to the family.
Do check out his myspace page and give him a get well soon message.

No comments: