Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Honey Boy Edwards: Blues In Schools


A nice blues in schools article from Gazette.net, It features Honeyboy Edwards who played a blues in schools show at Georgetown Prep school in Maryland. What is amazing about Honeyboy, is that he is still doing 100 shows a year at the age of 92! Click here to read more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw him at BB King's in New York about a month ago, and he was awesome. There were some younger blues artists there, but something (ephemeral to me, as a non-musician, but maybe definable by you) about his playing was definitely in a different league.

Blues Historian said...

Hi EJ

I don't know if I can define it either:-) Perhaps Honeyboy has soul:-) I do know that living the blues certainly helps, plus age seems to improve most players. Unlike any other type of music where the young push out the old, in the blues the young have to wait their turn:-)

Tom