Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Photo Of The Week: John Lukehart


Photo of the week is my good friend John Lukehart. John is one of those incredible guitar players, that seems to come and go from the Des Moines scene. Once again he has dropped off the face of the earth. I don't know what it is about friends of mine from Marshalltown, but they tend to do this quite often:-) John's claim to fame is his outstanding tone and amazingly complex licks on the guitar. He certainly helped solidify a lot of my early songs by knowing when to play lead, when to play rhythm, and when to rock out! I have not seen or heard from him in a couple of months. Disconnected phone, email doesn't work, so If you have seen this phenom guitar player please contact me. Also he sometimes disappears to the California area. in particular San Diego. If you hear a hot guitar player singing Mustang Sally, then it is probably him:-)

2 comments:

Johnny O said...

Really enjoy John Lukehart's musical ability. He and Doc Lawson invited me and Deanna my soon to be wife to go to the Iowa Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame Jam in Des Moines last week. I got to see John and Doc play for the first time together. Then after the event we went to another Jam in Des Moines at the Maingate bar and Grill. I believe Doc and John are going to be there again this Sunday night for another great time of music and fun. So if you want to see those two perform again then come on down to the MAINGATE on Sunday night.

Blues Historian said...

I thought the Iowa Rock and Roll induction was going on up in Okoboji labor day weekend?? What Rock and Roll Hall of fame jam was going on in Des Moines?? Perhaps the blues hall of fame? The Maingate is located just east of the Fairgrounds. they should have a great crowd of standing room only during the fair.

Tom