Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Another Wild Weekend

I went to Des Moines in search of blues, and instead I ended up playing them!! The weekend started off with a windy football game down in Pella Iowa, as the Buena Vista Beavers got spanked by Central College 31 to 14. BVU has struggled after winning the first game of the season. Three straight losses has certainly given me the blues! (although the Cubs are in the playoff!!) However, all was not lost. I picked up a gig that night playing for a night disc golf tournament put on by the Des Moines Disc Golf Club. Years ago I played disc golf, I even had a pro number, 3266!! I retired years ago, so I really didn't know many of the people there, but it was fun to play the blues outside on a hilltop to a bunch of disc golfers who were throwing their Frisbees in the dark! Finally, I made it to blues on grand to see my good friends The Soul Searchers who were having a release party for their latest cd called The Soul Searchers. A pretty good Saturday. Tonight has been fun watching severe weather cross the state. No tornado up here, but south and east of me were some twisters, but no damage. Just rain, rain, rain, and a little hail.

No comments: