Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Monday, July 9, 2007

Why The Blues Is Still Alive

An interesting article from the Daily Times from Farmington New Mexico. There is a small blues fest in Aztec New Mexico and I think the author was stunned that a 78 year old woman would be interested in blues music. Unfortunately the rest of the article made it look like only old people come to blues shows. In the long term that is not a good trend for the blues. However, one of the volunteers at the show had this to say about the blues, which I thought was hilarious.

"You can not like rock and roll. You can not like jazz. But I don't think there's too many people who go, Ugh, God, I just hate the blues.' There's just something about it,"
If you would like to read the whole article CLICK HERE.

No comments: