Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Monday, July 9, 2007

ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC : Big Bullies

This is a great article about the hazards of booking live music. You think hey, I would like a band to play at my business, and then guess what the vultures start showing up demanding money. Blues On Grand went through this a year ago, and a lot of places that I have played over the years have gotten screwed over by these groups(thugs is closer to it) I have no problem with composers of songs getting payment for their work, but this is ridiculous. You need to read the whole story to get the real idea of what is going on. Click here for the article from Florida Today.

No comments: