Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Monday, June 11, 2007

Ann Arbor Blues Fest Canceled

A one time great blues fest, that has fallen on hard times, and a attempt to bring it back have failed. Read more here at the Ann Arbor News. This is bad news for Michigan, which is having bad economic times due to the struggling auto industry. Michigan certainly could have used some good news, it is a shame that a smaller blues fest couldn't have gone on. I my opinion any blues is good blues.

UPDATE

After I posted this story I looked at the latest issue of Living Blues. The Irony of the whole situation is that the cover story of the latest Issue of Living Blues, is about unpublished photos from the 1969 and 1970 Ann Arbor Blues Festival. There are a ton of very cool photos of some of the greatest blues performers alive at the time. So once again I think it is a shame that they can't put together a blues fest. However, I do understand the economics of the situation. According to the Ann Arbor News, the fest is still in debt from last years show, and they fell 40,000 dollars short of what they needed to have a fest this year. Yet, I still think that if you start small and build is far better than having no fest at all.

No comments: