Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Wiki Blues

I have been perusing the Wiki for a couple of years, and I have to admit for an encyclopedia it is pretty good. This is amazing since it is an encyclopedia that anyone can edit, at any time. One would think that letting anyone post and edit would lead to an immature, incorrect, source of historical material, but amazingly it is not half bad. Now, would I use it as a source for a history paper???? NO, but I wouldn't use an encyclopedia as a source for a history paper.

(Hey Students here some good free advice. Encyclopedias are good starting point, but never, never, never, use them as the bulk of your research! Automatic F!! Profs hate encyclopedia entries, and they can figure it out by reading just a couple of sentences! How do they know??? Because, they are the ones who write the things:-)

Anyway, here is the link to the blues page on Wiki. It is pretty good, and I give it 9 out of 10 stars!

No comments: