Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Monday, May 7, 2007

Photo Of The Week Sam Salamone AKA Sam Anothony

Sam Salmone, or to the Jazz fans of Center Street days, the great Sam Anthony. I first saw Sam when he was playing with the Cavaliers. A lounge band that played mostly dance cover tunes in the 1980s. At the time I had no idea that he was one of the legendary blues, and jazz players of Des Moines. However, even though he was playing music for dollars, I knew he was an outstanding keyboard player. Over the years I have tried to pick up some of his licks, especially his outstanding left hand, but he is just way too fast. If you really want to be amazed then catch him when he is playing with Bob Dorr, and the Blue Band. The band has no bass player, and Sam plays bass with the pedals of his Hammond B-3. Sam is a member of both the Iowa Blues Hall of Fame, and the Iowa Jazz Hall Of Fame.

Sam is also one of the best Cajun cooks in Des Moines. He makes jambalaya, gumbo, and red beans and rice, but I like his Chicken Creole. Hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, good eating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.