Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Thursday, May 3, 2007

John Mayall CD Review


I have never been a big fan of British blues, but this latest review of John Mayall's In The Palace Of The King, is really just a rant about the blues in general. cdreviews.com reviewer Scott Homewood basically states from almost the beginning that the blues has not evolved from the days of Howling Wolf, and Muddy Waters. Then precedes to to rant about tribute albums like In The Palace Of The King, which is a tribute to Freddie King. As many of my students will attest too, I am no fan of either British Blues, or tribute albums done by British blues players, but to say the blues hasn't changed or grown since Muddy, and Wolf is ridiculous. I suppose I could write a whole list of players who have added to the blues, and the whole variety of blues types that exist today, but this post would be so long that it would fill two or three pages of the blog. However, I really think that if you are going to review a CD, then review the CD. Tell us what is good, what is bad, and should we buy it. After all isn't that a CD review? I suppose when it comes down to it, if ya like Mayall, buy the CD:-)

No comments: