Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Friday, May 25, 2007

Interview with Two Chicago Blues Pianists

Dueling pianists, which according to my sister is all the rage in Chi-Town, has a couple of blues cats that were interviewed in the South Bend Tribune. Barrelhouse Chuck, and Erwin Helfer will perform at the Tavern in Mishawaka. The interview is great, because it really explains how to learn to play blues piano. I learned pretty much the same way they did, by listening to recordings first, and then finding blues guys, and watching them play. I even got a chance to open for, and watch Pinetop Perkins play piano once, so I really know what Barrelhouse Chuck is talking about! Read all about it here.

No comments: